Monday 30 September 2013

Blasting Your Way Outta the Arcade!

"YOU BETTER GET LUCKY OR YOU'RE GOING TOO BE DEAD!"

Great words from a drunkard of an undertaker. Stemming from my last little write up on the light guns themselves, I though I would take the time to showcase some of the best light gun games. Focusing our attention on the arcades, because let's face it, the arcades ruled back in the 80's and 90's!

Here's another short list of major light gun games released in the arcades. Man o' man did I play a lot of these games in my day. So much fun too! I remember as a kid being scared of the undertaker in Mad Dog McCree when I died. Fun times!


1987: Operation Wolf (Taito)
1990: Mad Dog McCree (American Laser Games), Space Gun (Taito)
1991: T2 The Arcade Game (Midway) all the major actors reprise their roles for the game
1992: Mad Dog II: The Lost Gold (American Laser Games), Lethal Enforcers (Konami)
1994: Virtua Cop (Sega), Point Blank (Namco), Lethal Enforcers 2 (Konami)
1995: Virtua Cop 2 (Sega), Time Crisis (Namco), Area 51 (Atari)
1997: House of the Dead (Sega), Time Crisis 2 (Namco), Maximum Force (Atari)
1998: CarnEvil (Midway), House of the Dead 2 (Sega)
1999: Silent Scope (Konami) 
2002: House of the Dead 3 (Sega)
2003: Virtua Cop 3 (Sega), TIme Crisis 3 (Namco)
2006: Time Crisis 4 (Namco)







So how many have you played? What's your favorite light gun arcade game? All the ones mentioned above I played them all. Its a safe bet that time and time again I would go back and play Virtua Cop, and Time Crisis. I played these games so much with my friends and even my step dad! Being that he is a retired officer he loved Virtua Cop! That was a really good time. Ha, Ha!

Until Mario gets his own light gun game!
In the meantime, in between time,

-Will ^>^

No comments:

Post a Comment