Tuesday 10 September 2013

Caught Slippin'

Ever had those days when you were out hunting for games that you realised much later you missed out big?
I think we've all been there. That game sitting behind the counter of some old dusty smelling Mom and Pop shop. The retro store you frequent has a game you always wanted to own as a kid. But, for some reason you don't snag it. You're distracted. Unfocused.

Ladies and gentlemen, I've been there! Take for instance one time I was at my favourite retro gaming store (that's Game Cycle in Windsor humanoids). I had a mitt full of games already. Some good titles too. Lightning Force and Power Ball on the genesis, The Lost Vikings on the SNES. And some other choice titles. But I passed up on not ONE, but TWO games I've always wanted as a small boy. Kid Icarus and Mighty Final Fight on the NES. And they were both marked at $15 and $11 respectively!

Now folks in case you don't know, Mighty Final Fight was released in 1993 (very late in the NES life), and it ranks about 6 or 7 in rarity out of 10 (by NintendoAge.com). I kick myself now. Ugh.

Why didn't I get you!?

But it gets better. While snooping around some cracked game bins in my local liquidation place I stumbled upon an extremely rare Atari 2600 game. It was none other than Sword Quest: Waterworld! Once again Atari Age.com pegs Waterworld at rarity 9!! Can you believe it? 9!! I passed on that one too, totally whacked out or something. I swear to you on all things holy that I was not on drugs. I even had it my hand looking at it for quite a few minutes. As the Game Chasers would say: "I was caught slippin'." Ugh.


Rariry 9 People!!

Happy Hunting!

In the meantime, in between time!

-Will ^>^

No comments:

Post a Comment