Saturday 7 September 2013

Gamecube, the Forgotten One?

I kissed the box,

The year was 2003 and I had just opened my last Christmas gift. I was so happy humanoids. I had the Zelda collection, 2 controllers, and Soul Caliber 2 (which was just released at the time). Ecstasy I tell you!



But over the years, the 'Cube has gathered a lot of dust just sitting there in my collection. Why? Was is because there were no good games to collect for it? No. Was it because every 'Cube owner is hoarding their beloved games, thus I can't find any good ones? No.

So what it is? What's the good reason that I don't play the machine often enough? The controller. I always hated the look of the controller! Seriously! But now, getting into the pokemon games I feel the need to play them on my Gamecube.

I'm getting used to the controller after all these years too. Figures. And thanks to my Gameboy Advance Player (greatest add on in Nintendo history humanoids) I can enjoy all of my handheld games on it. . I love it.


One of my all time favs on the Cube

Some of my favourite games on the system (in no particular order either):


  • Mega Man Anniversary Collection
  • Intellivision Lives!
  • Spider Man-2
  • Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2
  • Soul Calibur 2
  • Super Mario Strikers
  • Resident Evil 0 and 4
  • Mario Kart Double Dash
  • Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (got this on my 20th birthday, awesome!)
I really want to get my hands on Ikaruga, Luigi's Mansion, Smash Bros. Melee,  and a few others.

In the meantime, in between time!
-Will ^>^



No comments:

Post a Comment