Wednesday 25 September 2013

Tough Genesis Games!

Can you handle it?

The pressure as you near the end of the level. The boss appears, your low on lives and health. Then BAM! You take a big hit and go down for the count! As far as I can remember video games have always been the most fun to me when I get nervous near the end of the game. Can I squeak out a win? Did I find enough ammo, or will I use the right weapon? What will the boss' pattern be?

As far as Nes games, there's a pretty hard list of what are some of the most difficult and challenging games (Ikari Warriors, Solomon's Key, Ninja Gaiden, Battletoads, Double Dragon III, Ghosts N' Goblins). But one thing I just don't hear enough of is what are the true difficult games on the Sega Mega Genesis Drive?

I've been searching around the internet for clues and answers to my question. And I will impart my own view on some games as well. (I do have experience in quite a number of Genesis titles humanoids!). So, in no real particular order, I give you The Hardest Games on the Sega Genesis!

WILL'S NOT SO COMPREHENSIVE HARDEST GENESIS GAMES LIST
  • Comix Zone (One of the toughest Beat 'em ups. One of the coolest too)
  • Chakan (An incredibly tough action platformer. Potions are your key to victory)
  • Contra Hard Corps (Arguably the toughest in the series. And that's saying something)
  • Dynamite Heady (A tricky action platformer, with brutal enemy placement)
  • Herzog Zwei (Mashing both shumup and Real time strategy this game is very unforgiving)
  • Hellfire (shmup with no remorse)
  • Castlevania Bloodlines (On the hardest difficulty this platfomer will have you wishing you were dead)
  • Adventures of Batman and Robin (Action platformer based off the 90's cartoon. Takes balls of steel to beat this one)
  • Gaiares (One of, if not the toughest shmup on the genesis)

 You will literally eat your heart out

You'll piss tears

My searches across the internet have culminated in this list above. And while it is NOT a definitive list (your skills as a video game player vary greatly from another) it is a general consensus among gamers. You can also throw in Battletoads, Sonic Spinball, even Rocket Knight Adventures is pretty tough! There's a wide assortment of torture for anybody who loves a tough game.

Hello! Do you come with the space ship?

Until Chakan opens up a potion shop,
In the meantime, in between time!

-Will ^>^


No comments:

Post a Comment