Wednesday 11 September 2013

I WANT IT ALL

"And I want it now!"

As far as I can remember I've always wanted a huge library of NES games. I believe most kids that grew up in the mid to very early 90's wanted that. Now that I near the 200 mark in my NES collection alone I think it's time to look back and see just what I'm missing. It would also be important to list my goals, and general wants on the Nintendo Entertainment System. A wish list per say. Here we go!

GOALS:
  • Own issues 1-30 of Nintendo Power (as a kid I always wanted the issues containing NP's coverage of the Gray toaster
  • Pick up more Nintendo memorabilia (in particular Super Mario Bros. and Zelda 80's merchandise)
  • Collect and maybe even finish a set of those Nintendo cards that came out in the 80's
 "I WANT YOU McDUCK!"


WANTS:
  • Adventure Island 3 (to complete the series)
  • Robocop 2 and 3 (even though I HATE the 3rd instalment, I'm a big Robocop fan)
  • Stinger
  • Fantasy Zone (another uncommon title by Tengen. In my opinion its one of the must own shmups on the system)
  • Rampart
  • Freedom Force
  • Mega Man 5 (Doesn't everyone want this game?)
  • Gradius 2 (yes it was only released in Japan on the Famicom. But I still want it!)
  • Maniac Mansion (I'm still kicking myself for trading this wonderful game away. Gaah!)
  • To own at least ONE boxed Double Dragon game
  • Mighty Final Fight
  • TMNT Tournament Fighters
  • Kid Icarus (wanted this game since I was a kid.)
The Stellar Gradius 2 cover


There's plenty of others that I can't think of right now. But the stuff I listed above looks pretty attainable. I just need to go out and find them! I remember seeing Kid Icarus, Mighty Final Fight and even Gradius 2 at a retro store. Why I never picked them up I'll never know.

Right now I'm extremely happy with my NES collection. Even though I'm around the 200 loose cart area, I'll say 90% are good to great games. The others....well you can just imaging...

In the meantime, in between time!

-Will ^>^

No comments:

Post a Comment