Monday 23 September 2013

What are your goals?

"You got to have goals!"

I was told this many times by teachers, mentors, brothers, as well as friends. Admittedly, I was never one to set goals. Least of all write them down. But one night as I lay in bed thinking about my video game collection (yes I'm THAT nerdy), I wondered: "What the hell am I striving for?!"

What are your goals? Not just in video game collecting but in life? I know that one of my life goals is to become a black belt in any type of martial art. I'm just four belts away from that one in Combat Hapkido (a self defence art humanoids).

Our Insignia, 4 belts to go!

As far as collecting... I dunno. I have a few things in mind. Here they are in complete nonsensical order too:

Will's Video Game Collection Goals:

  • Own 1 arcade cab (cocktail, or two player cab only)
  • Mighty Final Fight (nes)
  • TMNT Tournament Fighters (nes)
  • Peace Keepers (snes) excellent beat 'em up that no one talks about
  • Battletoads (genesis)
  • Own a model 1 Sega CD
  • Musha (genesis)
  • Saturday Night Slam Masters (genesis)
  • Kid Icarus (nes)
  • Phelios (genesis)
  • Batman (genesis)
  • Acquire more Sega Master System games!
  • Get rid of my N64 with all games, Gamecube, Wii, DS, and Atari games
Yummy Master System games...
 

That last one is a biggie. I want to purge some of my collection so I can just focus on what I like. Get rid of the DS as I own and love the 3DS. Trash the N64 and Gamecube stuff (don't get me wrong, I love those systems, but I don't play them near enough). And finally rid myself of the 2600 collection. Don't play them, don't have a system either.

I find that writing down your goals is the key. Yes, yes, I finally understand. With a physical or digital copy you can remind yourself where you want to be in any aspect of your life. Its a good thing to have. So... WHAT ARE YOUR GOALS?!

In the meantime, in between time!

-Will ^>^

No comments:

Post a Comment