Tuesday 1 October 2013

Robotron 2084: The Haiku

"WHY DO I LOVE YOU?"

You chase me,
Taunt me,
Hound me,
Your insistence of my demise is infuriating!

I dodge you,
I run from you,
But you're always there,
Coming at me!

The Last Family on Earth,
You see me,
You need me,
But you sometimes perish!

Grunts,
Enforcers,
Hulks, and Brains,
Unending!

My love for Robotron 2084 first began just a few years back if you can believe it. Sure I've heard of Robotron 64 on the N64, but that game didn't interest me (so I thought!). But the original game is fast, sleek, and it has that certain quality. That je ne c'est pas to it!

For those that don't know you play as a human who is imbued with super powers. Good thing too because the rest of humanity has been pretty much wiped out by the evil robots...well, the Robotrons! Its up to you and your laser blasts to rid of them and save members of the last family on Earth!


 Robotron 2084 Stats

Created by: Eugene Jarvis
Year: 1982
Company: Williams Electronics
Genre: Fixed Shooter
Features Dual Joysticks
World Record (Tournament Settings):John McAllister with 1.2 million points
 And now for your enjoyment, PICTURES!
 Title Screen
 Atari 7800 Version
 Arcade Flyer
 Atari Lynx Version
 Marquee
 Controls, yes you use BOTH joysticks!
 Atari 5200 Version
Gameplay

Until Robotron 2085 blasts into arcades,
In the meantime, in between time!

-Will ^>^


No comments:

Post a Comment