Sunday 25 August 2013

It's Over! Plus, Skate or Die 2 (The Grade)

I did it! At the beginning of this year I set out a goal to complete more than 17 new NES games. And today, that is, August, 25, 2013 I did it. I surpassed my original record of 17 games from 2010. Let me tell you...it feels pretty darn good!

Which game did I beat to surpass the mark you ask?

 A favourite of Video Power

Skate or Die 2 by EA is one great NES game. The controls take a little while to get used to. But once you get past that you'll be thrashing and cruising along the streets in no time! The graphics are really nice too, with added cut scenes between stages. It's a nice little touch too. As far as music goes, its okay. It's definitely not as great as Ultra's original Skate or Die. But, the sound effects, and in particular the voice synthesisers are TOP NOTCH. Probably the best on the toaster.

Time to get rad and bad dudes!

But don't think I'm resting my laurels now. Oh no, no, no! I'm going to keep going kiddies. Maybe I'll reach 20 brand new endings before the year is out. I actually have a few games lined up for that. Isolated Warrior, Heavy Barrel, Golgo 13 and a few more.

Your girlfriend CJ kinda looks like Ariel

What a year in NES games. No doubt I'll do a year end review. Maybe highlight some of my key battles from the past year. Do a final grade for each new game beat, as well as nominate my Nintendo Entertainment System game of the year! Stick around for that one guys!

In the meantime, in between time!

-Will ^>^

No comments:

Post a Comment