Wednesday 7 January 2015

My List of Beaten NES Games of 2014

Here it is, my complete list of all the (new) nes games I've beaten. This list does not include my regular rotation of Nintendo games I like to play year round and beat (SMB, Double Dragon II, Friday the 13th, etc.). I've topped my previous record a few years back (around 2010 I beat 17 new nes games).

TOTAL: 27!
-Cabal
-WWF Wrestlemania 
-The Legend of Zelda (2nd Quest)
-Robocop
-Kickle Cubicle
-Adventures of Bayou Billy (used only 1 continue!)
-Jaws
-Isolated Warrior
-Rad Racer II 
-City Connection (Hi Score and all 6 levels finished)
-AD&D Heroes of the Lance
-Monster in my Pocket
-Mighty Final Fight
-Rygar (top contender for retro game of the year)
-Adventure Island
-Super Spike 'Vball
-Legend of Kage
-Rush'N Attack
-Bump n' Jump
-Silver Surfer (no cheats used!)
-Al Unser Jr. Turbo Racing
-Double Dribble (Hardest difficulty)
-T&C Surf Designs
-Dr. Mario (Level 20, Slow Speed)
-Tecmo Bowl
-Karate Kid
-American Gladiators


RETRO GAME OF THE YEAR:
ROBOCOP

One of my childhood favourites. Love the music, graphics, and gameplay. While it's not the arcade game (and what a cheap game that is!) the nes counterpart has a lot going for it.

I only ever managed to beat the game with the Game Genie as a kid. But last year I hunkered down and decided it was time to send Bodiker down for good. Dead or alive, it was being beat by me.

Once you get the patterns down on the bosses and know where to stand in certain areas (the last ones especially) the game isn't all that difficult.





In any event let me know in the comments section of Facebook about any NES games you've beaten in 2014. Any new favourites? Did you vindicate some long standing childhood hatred to a video game? Would keeping track of completed games and trying to top each year be something you would be interested in? Let me know.

Until Murphy gets a new screwdriver,

-Will ^>^

No comments:

Post a Comment