Wednesday 5 December 2012

Munchkin!

I love Munchkin. The hit card game by Steve Jackson Games hit me like 10,001 Orcs. The first time I actually played the game was my last year of high school (that would be in 2003). My friends were gathered around a table in the cafe, laughing hysterically, and shouting.

I walked to the table and lo and behold there were a mass of cards with a bunch of text and silly pictures. Fantasy troupes and all. Now at this time I have yet to play my first game of D&D (which is another passion that would break out the very same year). But I had to play.

My first character was a human wizard.

I didn't win the game. In fact I did rather horribly. If memory serves me correct I was last place too. Ha ha ha. :) But, I had so much fun that I asked where I could pick up a copy of this wonderful game...and raced over the Game Masters Emporium (now called The GME). Plopped my money down on the counter and proceeded to play the rest of the weekend away!

We got my girlfriend at the time playing, my brother, my friends from other social circles, and yes quite a few ladies to play! It was one of the best times of my life. Just laughing, and screwing up our plans for a level 10 conquest. Those were awesome times. Ha!

There's a Munchkin board tracker?! I need this!

I would go on to play mostly every other Munchkin game that came out on the market. But eventually I just got burned out. Stopped playing for so many years...until now. I got bit by the big ole' Munchkin-itis! Pictured above is the original set. But now in full color, with a board tracker, and game pawns! I think I'm in love again.. ^>^


No comments:

Post a Comment