Tuesday 25 December 2012

A very NES Christmas.

Twas the holidays of 1990, and I was a wee lad of 6 years. I vividly remember begging my mom and dad to get my brothers (I have two of them) a Nintendo Entertainment System. I was so confident that they would buy it for me that I said something along the lines of "I can't wait to get it." Which my dad responded kindly (added that he was driving fast in his Ford Ranger truck) "Oh really?"

Lo and behold its Christmas Eve and we have the entire family over to our house. Which was one of the few times that's happened (the gatherings are now at my Uncle's place to this very day). My twin brother and I were stalking the Christmas tree all night, guarding the presents just in case thieves, or ninjas would break in. At the stroke of midnight we started opening gifts...

A big box was placed before Matt and I. My little heart was about to burst from the sheer excitement! We tore into it and yes we finally got our Nintendo Entertainment System!

Xmas of 1990! Best one ever!

I was so happy that I kissed the box and gave it a hug! Ha, ha, ha. Not only could I play Super Mario Bros. whenever the hell I wanted, but also this game;


The greatest NES game of all time was in my possession. So I wake up on Xmas day late, I shake the fuzz from my brain and think to myself, "Was it all a dream?" I quickly remember that its not as I hear those great Nintendo sound effects coming from the living room. The NES had already been hooked up! Not only that but Mom, Dad, Matt, and Derek were playing! I was so upset that I almost cried! Why would they not tell me they were going to hook it up! Ha, ha, ha.

 As tears were welling up, Dad passed me the controller, and I soon forgot my worries. The rest they say is history. I still have the NES from way back in the 90's, I can't believe its 22 years old and still runs like a dream. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment